Why should I take a field trip to The Farm?
A school field trip to a local farm is a great way to expose students to local agriculture, learn and have fun at the same time. Field trips to The Farm at Fairplex help students identify nutritious, wholesome food and encourage them to connect with local farms and farmers. Plus, field trips have an added advantage of being interactive and fun!
• The hands-on experiential learning environment a farm provides is invaluable to a students’ educational growth.
• Not only does the student learn about farm practices, chores, animals, plants, the farm lifestyle, the product and farm economics, but they also learn about history, math, science and health topics which are relevant to their classroom curriculum.
• Fun and educational hands-on activities that utilize The Farm and are aligned with California Common Core Standards.
• The Learning Centers at Fairplex offers educational programs at The Farm that reconnect students to the agricultural heritage of the Inland Valley and opens doors to future generations who care about food and farming.
• School field trips are available to grades K-12 year-round.
• Field-trips are also available to clubs, home-school, and church groups with a 20 attendee minimum and a maximum of 125 attendees.
• Farm field-trips are offered Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 9 am, 10 am or 11 am time slots.
• Cost of $7 per student. Teachers and chaperones are free. We require a 1:10 ratio (1 chaperone for every 10 students).