No need to cook on Thursdays. Bring the family down to, or stop by for some take-home at, Fairplex for Food Truck Thursdays.
Food Truck Thursdays begin June 7 and each week includes a line-up of SoCal’s favorite casual gourmet food trucks. Trucks will be located in the lower admin parking lot at Gate 1 from 5:30-9 p.m., in front of the NHRA Museum. Parking and admission is free.
This week’s trucks include:
• Los Saigon: Dubbing itself the Chino Latino Truck, Los Saigon offers a fusion of Mexican and Vietnamese cuisine. Its specialty is the Banh Mi, a sandwich on a French baguette with carne asada and secret seasoning along with pickled daikon and carrots, cucumbers, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, and Los Saigon sauce. They also serve Saigon Tacos.
• Cambalache’s Gourmet: features authentic Argentinean food including skirt steak and empanadas.
• Shave It+: offers dessert.
• After School Special: enjoy comfort food favorites like meatloaf burgers, pot roast dip, chorizo sloppy joes - just like Mom made for you when you got home from school.
• Bite Me Foods: healthy, local organic food.
• Brats Berlin: classic and exotic sausages
Food Truck Thursdays will run weekly except during September. For more information visit the website www.fairplex.com or call (909) 623-3111.
Under the direction of the Los Angeles County Fair Association, Fairplex is home to the L.A. County Fair, the largest county fair in the world, as well as The Learning Centers which encompasses Fairtime Learning, The Child Development Center, The Career and Technical Education Center (CTEC) and the Junior Fair Board. Fairplex also operates a diverse hospitality business with the Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center, McKinley’s Grille, KOA RV Park, Finish Line Sports Grill and Cornucopia Foods. The campus is also home to the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum and the Auto Club Raceway at Pomona; horse-racing and Barretts Equine Limited; as well as the Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Competition. For more information, please visit www.fairplex.com.