Pomona, CA – July 11, 2012 - The 2012 L.A. County Fair hosts 20 nights of the biggest names in music and high-action entertainment. The End of Summer Concert Series will feature something for everyone, including pop, classic rock, country, disco, soul and Latin music as well as monster trucks and extreme daredevil stunts. Best of all, a number of free general admission seats will be available on the day of each concert. Tickets for reserved seating for most concerts go on sale July 15, but announcements for four major performers will be released in stages until Aug. 17.
The 2012 lineup:
• Friday, Aug. 31 – The Wanted
• Saturday, Sept. 1 – Carly Rae Jepsen & special guest Shane Harper
• Sunday, Sept. 2 – Grand Funk Railroad & Burton Cummings
• Monday, Sept. 3 – Karmin, Cobra Starship & This is She
• Thursday, Sept. 6 – Monster Truck Madness
• Friday, Sept. 7 – The B-52s & special guest Berlin featuring Teri Nunn
• Saturday, Sept. 8 – Styx
• Sunday, Sept. 9 – TBA
• Thursday, Sept. 13 – George Benson & special guest TBA (tickets on sale July 25)
• Friday, Sept. 14– Tower of Power & very special guest Average White Band
• Saturday, Sept. 15 – Bridgit Mendler & Cher Lloyd
• Sunday, Sept. 16 – MARIACHI USA® Fiesta
• Thursday, Sept. 20 – Boyz II Men, special guest TBA & En Vogue (tickets on sale Aug. 17)
• Friday, Sept. 21 – WAR
• Saturday, Sept. 22 – Old School Soul Jam featuring Rose Royce, Heatwave, Lenny Williams & Evelyn ‘Champagne’ King
• Sunday, Sept. 23 – Pistol Annies
• Thursday, Sept. 27 – Demolition Derby, presented by Jeffrey Scott® Fine Magnetics
• Friday, Sept. 28 – The Charlie Daniels Band, 38 Special & special guest Outlaws
• Saturday, Sept. 29 – ASA World Championships of Freestyle Motocross
• Sunday, Sept. 30 – TBA
Visit www.lacountyfair.com/concerts for future show announcements.
Reserved seating is available from $18.50 to $25 for grandstand seats, side box seats from $22.50 to $45, center box seats from $25 to $55 and stageside seating from $75 to $125. Limited general admission seating is free with Fair admission and is available on grounds at the ticket kiosk at 3 p.m. concert days, first come first served. Concert tickets do not include Fair admission. Everyone wishing a ticket must be present. Tickets may be purchased at the Fairplex credentials office, 1101 W. McKinley Ave., Pomona, www.lacountyfair.com/concerts, at Ticketmaster locations and www.ticketmaster.com. The Fairplex credentials office will be open Sunday, July 15 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., then open weekdays 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
The L.A. County Fair runs Aug. 31-Sept. 30. For information about ways to save at the Fair, visit lacountyfair.com.
Under the direction of the Los Angeles County Fair Association, Fairplex is home to the L.A. County Fair, the largest county fair in the world, as well as The Learning Centers which encompasses Fairtime Learning, The Child Development Center, The Career and Technical Education Center (CTEC), the Junior Fair Board, and the Millard Sheets Center for the Arts. Fairplex also operates a diverse hospitality business with the Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center, McKinley’s Grille, KOA RV Park, Finish Line Sports Grill and Cornucopia Foods. The campus is also home to the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum and Auto Club Raceway at Pomona; horse-racing and Barretts Equine Sales; as well as the Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Competition. For more information, please visit www.fairplex.com.