DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) today announced its third-consecutive sponsorship of the L.A. County Fair. The 91st L.A. County Fair opens Friday, Aug. 30.
Fair guests can visit DISH Authorized Retailer booths to experience the leading pay-TV provider’s latest technology, including the Hopper with Sling® Whole-Home HD DVR that gives customers the power to watch TV anytime, anywhere.
DISH is currently offering new subscribers the choice of an iPad 2 instead of first year programming discounts for customers who sign up for the Hopper with Sling and a qualified programming package. This gives new customers a comprehensive TV anywhere experience driven by the Hopper entertainment platform. Customers can watch all their live TV, DVR recordings and On Demand shows anywhere using a collection of iPad apps that enhance and extend the DISH television experience. DISH mobile apps include:
• DISH Anywhere™ – Watch live TV, DVR recordings and on-demand programs anywhere with an Internet connection. Viewing is enabled by Sling technology built into the new Hopper with Sling.
• Hopper Transfers™ – Move recorded television programs from the DVR to iPad for times when an Internet connection is not available.
• DISH Explorer™ – An intuitive second-screen app for the Hopper that combines program-discovery tools, social media engagement and remote-control capabilities.
Participating DISH Authorized Retailers will demonstrate Hopper with Sling and related apps at the following L.A. County Fair locations:
• Allegro Advertising, Expo Halls 4 and 9
• ACA Group, Expo Halls 5 and 7
• Elite Home Solutions, Expo Hall 6
• Regal Audio Video, North Sycamore
For more information in advance of the Fair, please call 1-888-296-2003.
DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), through its subsidiary DISH Network L.L.C., provides approximately 14.014 million satellite TV customers, as of June 30, 2013, with the highest quality programming and technology with the most choices at the best value, including HD Free for Life®. Subscribers enjoy the largest high definition line-up with more than 200 national HD channels, the most international channels, and award-winning HD and DVR technology. DISH Network Corporation's subsidiary, Blockbuster L.L.C., delivers family entertainment to millions of customers around the world. DISH Network Corporation is a Fortune 200 company. Visit www.dish.com.