Moto Fest highlighted by World’s Largest One-Day Motorcycle Charity Event – The Love Ride
Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Famer Gregg Allman, in addition to an all-star band with surprise guests, will be rockin’ the house at this year’s 24th Annual Love Ride at California Bike Week™ -- a three-day motorcycle and music event roaring into the Fairplex in Pomona, California. A packed schedule of rockin’ events starts on Friday, November 9th, and ends Sunday, November 11th with the 24th annual Love Ride® - - the largest one-day motorcycle fundraising event in the world.
Thousands of motorsports enthusiasts will join Love Ride® Grand Marshal Jay Leno at the first annual California Bike Week™ -- a premier motorcycling experience ride held in one of the most motorsports-friendly cities on the West Coast. This exciting event will feature:
- California Bike Week/Love Ride auction in conjunction with Bonhams & Butterfields Friday, Nov. 9 at the world-famous Petersen Automotive Museum (featuring artifacts of the Von Dutch collection)
- Debut of The Pacific Coast Nationals flat track races Saturday night featuring the Harley-Davidson® Wrecking Crew and notable racers of AMA fame. This event is open to all pro-level competitors, American and metric.
- All Harley-Davidson Drag Racing Association (AHDRA) racing on the famous NHRA drag strip, Friday and Saturday
- Music and festivities each day
- Exhibitions by the Victor McLaglen Motor Corps Stunt Team
- Freestyle stunt demonstrations by Jason Pullen
- Demo rides provided by top motorcycle manufacturers
- Enthusiast trade show with hundreds of quality vendors, including the interactive Harley-Davidson® Village and traveling museum
- Sunday’s 24th annual Love Ride,® and Gregg Allman/celebrity concert benefiting the Muscular Dystrophy Association, Reading by 9 and Cure Autism Now
- Huge complimentary barbecue for Love Riders
- FREE PARKING ALL WEEKEND FOR ALL MOTORCYCLISTS!
For the first time, the popular, 24th annual Love Ride will be tied in with an entertainment event saluting a wide spectrum of motosports fans. “Tying in this year’s Love Ride 24 with California Bike Week allows us to maximize support for both,” said Oliver Shokouh, owner of Glendale Harley and founder of the Love Ride®. “Our intention is to create a destination bike event that rivals Daytona or Sturgis, while continuing to grow support for the charities assisted by our Love Ride Foundation.”
On November 11th, Annual Love Ride 24 will begin at 6:00 am when an expected 20,000 riders will finish registration while being entertained by the band “Captain Cardiac and the Coronaries”. At 9:00 am, bikers will then head north through Glendale on Brand Boulevard, then turn onto the 134 freeway to the Pomona Fairplex. There, riders will enjoy a complimentary BBQ lunch and beverages, then sit back and enjoy an afternoon of rock and blues supplied by the legendary Gregg Allman.