Pet Expo USA, Reptile Super Show and APEX Aquarium & Pond Expo Offer Pets, Goods, Celebrities
Attention all pet lovers – the L.A. Pet Fair is coming to Fairplex with all kinds of pets that swim, fly, crawl, walk or slither – and everything they need! Consisting of three shows in one, the L.A. Pet Fair offers the latest in pet products, celebrity appearances, numerous drawings for products, and will have several adoption organizations on site. Plenty of entertainment will also be part of the show, so bring the family. Show visitors may not bring their pets to the show.
L.A. Pet Fair features Pet Expo USA, Reptile Super Show and APEX Aquarium & Pond Expo – all included in one admission price of $12 for adults and $8 for ages 12 and under. Each admission will include a special discount for admission to the L.A. County Fair, Sept. 4 to Oct. 3.
About 15,000 animal lovers are expected to attend.
Pet Expo USA in Fairplex 6 will be presenting everything related to dogs, cats, equine, rescues, adoptions, along with celebrity guest appearances and animal entertainment.
• Shorty Rossi of Animal Planet’s Pit Boss will be sharing news about his pit bull rescue efforts. He’ll also be accepting donations to his rescue efforts and those of actress Linda Blair’s WorldHeart Foundation. Blair will also attending Pet Expo USA along with fellow entertainer-pet advocates, Mackenzie Phillips, Max Wasa and Larry Thomas (the “Soup Nazi” from Seinfeld).
• Pet Expo USA spokesperson Megan Blake will discuss pet travel hints. Blake is a host and contributing producer of PBS’s Animal Attractions TV, which features her rescue cat, Tout Suite the Travel Kitty, who has traveled over 70,000 miles with Blake.
• Celebrities on four legs will show off their talents at Pet Expo USA. Mr. Tyson, the Skateboarding Bulldog, will demonstrate his expertise, and Chopper the Biker Dog will also be on hand.
• Pet Expo USA also welcomes pet rescue groups, including SoCal Golden Retriever Rescue, We Are The Cure -The National Canine Cancer Foundation, Operation Blankets of Love Foundation and others.
APEX Aquarium & Pond Expo in Fairplex 7 will offer a literal “Water World” of exhibits – everything an aquarium enthusiast could want. There will be fresh-water, salt-water, and outdoor pond displays. Fish, coral and plants will be available for sale, along with dry goods and equipment. Not only can attendees buy items at APEX, but they’ll also have an opportunity to sell or trade.
• Children of all ages will thrill in the APEX FinZone. The 40-foot superstructure houses an 8-foot children’s marine animal touch tank, Doodle Art drawing boards, and various other fun and games.
• Learn about the “Legend of the Mermaid” from Aqua the Mermaid who will intrigue visitors of all ages with her mystical form and grace. Younger children are particularly mesmerized by Aqua’s life-like aquatic tail as well as her sweet personality.
• Swashbuckling pirate Captain Jack will steal plenty of attention with his rugged charisma and swagger.
Reptile Super Show in Fairplex 9 is the world’s largest reptile show and will be a fun and educational event for the whole family.
• The show offers thousands of lizards, snakes, turtles, frogs along with all the supplies and accessories to keep them happy.
• More than 200 vendors from all over the world will feature the largest selection of captive bred reptiles and amphibians.
• Visitors can learn from experts about breeding reptiles (with eggs hatching during the show).
• Huge snakes and even a two-headed turtle will be showcased.
For more information about the L.A. Pet Fair, call (619) 281-PETS or visit www.lapetfair.com.
Under the direction of the Los Angeles County Fair Association, Fairplex is home to the L.A. County Fair, the largest county fair in the world, as well as The Learning Centers which encompasses Fairtime Learning, The Child Development Center, The Career and Technical Education Center (CTEC), the Junior Fair Board, and the Millard Sheets Center for the Arts. Fairplex also operates a diverse hospitality business with the Sheraton Fairplex, McKinley’s Grille, KOA RV Park, Finish Line Sports Grill, Cornucopia Foods, and the Sheraton Fairplex Hotel and Conference Center (opening 2011). The campus is also home to the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum and the Auto Club Raceway at Pomona; horse-racing and Barretts Equine Limited; as well as the Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Competition. For more information, please visit www.fairplex.com.