Whether it is baking the best cookie, creating a fabulous finger-painted piece of art or writing a great story, children of all ages can participate in a number of contests offered in the L.A. County Fair’s America’s Kids exhibit. The Fair runs Sept. 12-28.
America’s Kids, presented by Bank of America, is one of the most popular exhibits at the Fair. Each year children are thoroughly engaged by the various themes and activities offered. This year America’s Kids will transport children and their families on “Road Trip USA.” Travel along the Fair’s own highway and visit states like Texas, Nebraska, New York and more. Exciting activities wait at each destination along the journey.
The numerous contests and competitions allow children to show off their artistic talents, baking skills, favorite hobby collection, prize vegetables, sewing ability, painting techniques, writing talents and more. All boys and girls ages 5-18 are invited to display their exhibits in America’s Kids (plus a few divisions created just for preschoolers). There are even contests for families.
The entry deadline for all contests is Aug. 1. Lists of all contests, rules and entry forms are available on the Fair Web site at www.lacountyfair.com. Premium books will be available in mid-July.
Among the contests are:
• HomeTown Buffet Inc. Rice Krispie Treats, Sept. 26: Bring in your favorite rice krispie treat.
• HomeTown Buffet Inc. Chocolate Chip Cookie, Sept. 13: Bake your favorite chocolate chip cookie.
• HomeTown Buffet Inc. Sugar Cookie, Sept. 12: Who makes the best sugar cookie?
• Warehouse Pizza Creative Pizza contest, Sept. 13: If you could create the ideal pizza, what would it be?
• USA Choco-Challenge Baking contest, Sept. 14: Create a baking item using any kind of chocolate.
• HomeTown Buffet Inc. Pie Extraordinaire, Sept. 27: Bring in your favorite pie.
Other contests include the pumpkin patch for homegrown pumpkins, a family veggie race car challenge and a quilting competition. Again, all contests and rules are listed on the Web site and in the America’s Kids premium book.
For more information, call the America’s Kids department at (909) 865-4237. For more information on the Fair, visit the Web site at www.lacountyfair.com or call (909) 623-3111.