1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to any licensed brewery or brewpub. All beers entered must be available for sale to the general public. Beers may be entered only by a representative of the brewery.
2. ENTRY FEE: Early bird entry $45.00 per entry postmarked on or before March 13, 2015. $55.00 per entry after March 27, 2015. Entry fee to be submitted with entry form. Make checks payable to Fairplex.
3. Entry Requirements: Entries may be submitted in bottles, cans, or kegs with a minimum of either six (6) bottles of less than 22 oz. or four (4) bottles of 22 oz. or more; or one keg with an American Sanke fitting. Each beer may be entered in only one category. Breweries may enter as many entries as they desire.
4. SHIPPING: Beers will be received from Monday April 6 – Friday,
April 10, 2015. Shipments or deliveries will be received from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. All beers entered MUST BE SHIPPED PREPAID.
Los Angeles International Commercial Beer Competition
1101 W. McKinley Ave.
Pomona, CA 91768
5. GRAPHICS/LOGOS: All commercial labels should be left on any bottles or kegs entered. In addition, for purposes of display, graphics in the form of posters, coasters, and signs may be submitted for a display in the tasting area at the L.A. County Fair.
6. Even if it is marketed under different labels, NO BEER MAY BE ENTERED MORE THAN ONCE.
7. JUDGING: Beers will be judged against others of similar style as defined by Brewers Association style guidelines. The judging will be held in closed sessions with BJCP certified judges present. All judging will be blind. No judge may participate on a panel where they have an entry or where there may be the appearance of a conflict of interest. All decisions of the judges are final.
8. AWARDS: Three medals; Gold, Silver, and Bronze are possible in each category. In the event any category receives insufficient entries, beers will be judged individually on their own merits. Awards for each class may or may not be given. One Best of Show will be selected from all entries.
9. RETURN OF KEGS: Every effort will be made to return kegs promptly through local distributors. If other arrangements are required (such as return by UPS), the brewery is responsible for any costs that may be incurred. The L.A. County Fair Association and Fairplex will assume no liability for lost kegs.
10. STORAGE: Beers will be kept in cold storage (below 40°F) until time of judging. Beers may be chilled (or allowed to warm); if there are specific instructions, please indicate on entry form.
11. We will establish additional classes or consolidate classes as warranted.
12. Beers entered in the competition will become the property of the Los Angeles International Commercial Beer Competition.
13. Any item shipped by mistake will not be returned and becomes the property of the Los Angeles International Commercial Beer Competition.