Spirits Competition Special Rules
Download Special Rules Form
1. ELIGIBILITY: Only commercial spirits produced by a professional distillery are eligible for entry. All spirits exhibited must conform
to federal regulations and standards of identity.
2. ENTRY FEE – Early Bird $290.00 PER ENTRY (postmarked by March 31) $300.00 PER ENTRY (after March 31). Entry fee
must accompany entry form. PLEASE LIST BOTH DIVISION AND CATEGORY NUMBERS ON ENTRY FORM. An entry
shall consist of three bottles, not less than 750 mls. Please make your check payable to Los Angeles County Fair.
3. SHIPPING: Spirits will be received from January 5, 2015 until April 15, 2015. Shipments will be received weekdays 8 am - 5 pm. All
spirits entered MUST BE SHIPPED PREPAID.
Los Angeles International Spirits Competition
Attn: Spirits Department
1101 W. McKinley Ave.
Pomona, CA 91768
The Los Angeles International Spirits Competition is not responsible for any customs charges.
4. In view of the new homeland security regulations and the prevailing laws regulating the shipment of alcoholic beverages, international
shipments of alcohol must be cleared by a licensed broker with applicable importing licenses.
International shipments require:
a. Registered FDA number
b. USA Customs Clearance Form
c. Each bottle must be labeled: “For Trade Purposes Only. Not For Sale or Resale.”
5. Even if it is marketed under different labels, NO SPIRIT MAY BE ENTERED MORE THAN ONCE.
6. No spirits may be judged by a member of the judging panel whose ownership of the distillery in question exceeds 5%, and who is
primarily and directly responsible for its production (i.e. the producer in charge of the particular spirit judged).
7. The Los Angeles International Spirits Competition awards will be made on a merit basis. The judges are empowered to grant
duplicate awards when, in their opinion, the quality of the spirits so merit; conversely the judges are instructed to grant no awards
when the spirits are unworthy of an award.
8. On the morning of June 5, 2015, competition results will be mailed electronically to all participating distilleries with valid email addresses (there will be no
exceptions to this rule). The Los Angeles International Spirits Competition will offer, for purchase, Best of Show, Best of Division,
Best of Category, Gold, Silver, and Bronze award seals and packaging design to the distillers that win these awards.
9. We will establish additional classes or consolidate classes as warranted.
10. Judging by age, type, style, classes, production techniques and/or the subdivision of classes will be within the discretion of the
Chairperson of the spirits judging. Judges may opt to reclassify spirits if necessary.
11. Spirits entered in the competition will become the property of the Los Angeles International Spirits Competition.
12. Any item shipped by mistake will not be returned and becomes the property of the Los Angeles International Spirits Competition.