Spirits Competition Special Rules
1. ELIGIBILITY: Only commercial spirits produced by a professional distillery are eligible for entry. All spirits exhibited must conform to federal regulations and standards of identity.
2. ENTRY FEE - Early Bird $290 PER ENTRY (postmarked by March 31) $300 PER ENTRY (after March 31). Entry fee must accompany entry form. PLEASE LIST BOTH DIVISION AND CATEGORY NUMBERS ON ENTRY FORM. An entry shall consist of three bottles, not less than 750 mls. Please make your check payable to L.A. County Fair.
3. SHIPPING: Spirits will be received from Jan. 2 until April 15, 2013. Shipments will be received weekdays 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. All spirits entered MUST BE SHIPPED PREPAID.
Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Competition
Attn: Spirits Department
1101 W. McKinley Ave.
Pomona, CA 91768
The Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Competition is not responsible for any customs charges.
4. In view of the new homeland security regulations and the prevailing laws regulating the shipment of alcoholic beverages, international
shipments of alcohol must be cleared by a licensed broker with applicable importing licenses.
International shipments require:
a. Registered FDA number
b. USA Customs Clearance Form
c. Each bottle must be labeled: "For Trade Purposes Only. Not For Sale or Resale."
5. Even if it is marketed under different labels, NO SPIRIT MAY BE ENTERED MORE THAN ONCE.
6. No spirits may be judged by a member of the judging panel whose ownership of the distillery in question exceeds 5%, and who is
primarily and directly responsible for its production (i.e. the producer in charge of the particular spirit judged).
7. The Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Competition awards will be made on a merit basis. The judges are empowered to grant
duplicate awards when, in their opinion, the quality of the spirits so merit; conversely the judges are instructed to grant no awards
when the spirits are unworthy of an award.
8. On the morning of June 19, 2013, competition results will be mailed electronically to all participating distilleries with valid email
addresses (there will be no exceptions to this rule). The Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Competition will offer, for purchase,
Best of Show, Best of Division, Gold, Silver, and Bronze award seals to the distillers that win these awards.
9. We will establish additional classes or consolidate classes as warranted.
10. Judging by age, type, style, classes, production techniques and/or the subdivision of classes will be within the discretion of the
Chairperson of the spirits judging.
11. Spirits entered in the competition will become the property of the Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Competition.
12. Any item shipped by mistake will not be returned and becomes the property of the Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Competition.