- Entry Forms
- Awards Celebration
- Marketing Benefits
- News & Publicity
1. ELIGIBILITY: Only commercial wine produced by a professional winery is eligible for entry. All wine exhibited must conform to federal regulations and standards of identity.
2. $90.00 PER ENTRY. If point of entry is Europe, the entry fee is 70 Euro. Entry fee must accompany entry form. PLEASE LIST BOTH DIVISION AND CATEGORY NUMBERS ON ENTRY FORM. An entry shall consist of six bottles, not less than 750 mls. (If entering 350 ml bottles, please submit eight bottles). Please make your check payable to Los Angeles County Fair or e-mail email@example.com for wire transfer information.
3. SHIPPING: Wines will be received from now until April 30, 2015.
International entries will be received until April 30. All wines entered MUST BE SHIPPED PREPAID to:
Los Angeles International Wine Competition
1101 W. McKinley Ave.
Pomona, CA 91768
The Los Angeles International Wine Competition will acknowledge receipt of wine and spirits. The Los Angeles International Wine Competition is not responsible for any customs charges.
4. In view of the new homeland security regulations, and the prevailing laws regulating the shipment of alcoholic beverages, international shipments of wine must be cleared by a licensed broker with applicable importing licenses.
If you are in need of a licensed custom broker please contact Mark Newman of Accolade Brands BEFORE SHIPPING
by faxing (310) 390-3888, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
International shipments require:
a. Registered FDA number
b. TTB Sample Waiver
c. USA Customs Clearance Form
d. Each bottle of wine must be labeled: “For Trade Purposes Only. Not For Sale or Resale.”
e. International shipments must be cleared by a licensed broker with applicable importing licenses.
5. Even if it is marketed under different labels, NO WINE MAY BE ENTERED MORE THAN ONCE.
6. In order to facilitate Gold Medal wine tasting for the general public during the
Los Angeles County Fair, 2015 Gold Medal winners should have up to one (1) cases per Gold Medal wine available for purchase. The Fair will purchase these wines at one half the price of the distributors’ wholesale, not to exceed $80.00 per case.
7. The judging will be conducted by panels of four wine professionals. Wines are presented to the judges in coded glasses in the proper order that is best suited for
each category of wine.
8. Los Angeles International Wine Competition awards will be made on a merit basis. The judges are empowered to grant duplicate awards when, in their opinion, the quality of the wines so merit; conversely the judges are instructed to grant no awards when the wines are unworthy of an award.
9. The Los Angeles International Wine Competition will offer award seals to be purchased, per entry, by the wineries that win these awards.
10. We will establish additional categories or consolidate
categories as warranted.
11. Judging by the vintage, type, style, classes, winemaking techniques and/or the subdivision of classes will be within the discretion of the Chairperson of the wine judging.
12. Wine entered in the competition will become the property of the Los Angeles International Wine Competition.