How to enter the Beer Competition
- Determine the beer you wish to enter
- Read Competition Rules and Information
- Note entry deadline and entry fee
- Determine Division and Categories
- Complete the entire entry form and mail in
or utilize online entry
- Deliver (1101 W. McKinley Ave. Pomona, CA
91768, enter gate 1 off of McKinley Ave.) or ship items to arrive Tuesday, April
7 through Friday, April 10, 2020 between the hours of 9am and 4pm. See
competition rules for additional information on shipping and delivery.
- If you have any questions or require
additional information please contact:
Entry Fee: Early bird entry $55.00 per entry postmarked on or before March
13, 2019 and $65.00 per entry after March 13, 2020. Entry fee to be submitted with entry
form. Make checks payable to Fairplex.
Entry Deadline: All entry forms due March 27, 2020.
General Requirements: Open to any licensed brewery or brewpub. All beers
entered must be available for sale to the general public. Beers may be entered only by a
representative of the brewery.
Entry Requirements: Entries may be submitted in bottles, cans, or kegs with
a minimum of either six (6) bottles of less than 22 oz. or four (4) bottles of 22 oz. or
more; or one keg with an American Sanke fitting. Each beer may be entered in only one
category. Breweries may enter as many entries as they desire.
Early bird entry deadline. All entry forms must be postmarked no later than March
13, 2020 to receive the early bird price
Beer competition entry deadline
April 7 – April 10
Beers received from 10am – 4pm; Tuesday, April 7, 2020 – Friday,
April 10, 2020. Please see Competition Rules for shipping and delivery instructions.
April - 18 & 19
April - 30
Results will be posted no later than April 30th.
September 4 - September 27, 2020
2020 LA County Fair. The tasting of gold medal wines, beer, spirits and extra
virgin olive oils, and education seminars will take place in the Los Angeles
International Wine, Beer & Spirits Marketplace during the LA County Fair.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to any licensed brewery or brewpub. All beers entered must be available
for sale to the general public. Beers may be entered only by a representative of the
2. ENTRY FEE: Early bird entry $55.00 per entry postmarked on or before March 13, 2020.
$65.00 per entry after March 13, 2020. Entry fee to be submitted with entry form. Make
checks payable to Fairplex.
3. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Entries may be submitted in bottles, cans, or kegs with a minimum of
either six (6) bottles of less than 22 oz. or four (4) bottles of 22 oz. or more; or one
keg with an American Sanke fitting. Each beer may be entered in only one category.
Breweries may enter as many entries as they desire.
4. LABEL REQUIREMENTS: Please ensure that each bottle/can/keg is labeled with your brewery
name and beer name. If a commercial label is already on your bottle/can/keg and the
brewery name and beer name are present then there is no need to add an additional label.
Note: The judges will not see any bottle/can/keg so there is no need to remove any
commercial label. Additionally, there is no need to add any additional information on
your bottle/can/keg, as any special instructions etc. will be provided to the judges in
a separate document. Our competition labels are computer generated with the information
provided from your entry form. During the check in process we will match your entries to
your entry form and affix the competition label that includes the division and class
5. SHIPPING/DELIVERY: Beers will be received from Tuesday, April 7 – Friday, April 10,
2020. Shipments or deliveries will be received from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. If shipping, all
beers entered MUST BE SHIPPED PREPAID. If delivering, please enter gate 1 off of
McKinley Ave. Let the guard know you are delivering for the beer competition and they
will direct you back.
Los Angeles International Beer Competition
1101 W. McKinley Ave.
Pomona, CA 91768
6. GRAPHICS/LOGOS: All commercial labels should be left on any bottles or kegs entered. In
addition, for purposes of display, graphics in the form of posters, coasters, and signs
may be submitted for a display in the tasting area at the LA County Fair.
7. Even if it is marketed under different labels, NO BEER MAY BE ENTERED MORE THAN
8. JUDGING: Beers will be judged against others of similar style as defined by Brewers
Association style guidelines. The judging will be held in closed sessions with BJCP
certified judges present. All judging will be blind. No judge may participate on a panel
where they have an entry or where there may be the appearance of a conflict of interest.
All decisions of the judges are final
9. AWARDS: Three medals; Gold, Silver, and Bronze are possible in each category. In the event
any category receives insufficient entries, beers will be judged individually on their
own merits. Awards for each class may or may not be given. One Best of Show will be
selected from all entries.
10. RETURN OF KEGS: Every effort will be made to return kegs promptly through local
distributors. If other arrangements are required (such as return by UPS), the brewery is
responsible for any costs that may be incurred. The LA County Fair Association and
Fairplex will assume no liability for lost kegs.
11. STORAGE: Beers will be kept in cold storage (below 40°F) until time of judging. Beers
may be chilled (or allowed to warm); if there are specific instructions, please indicate
on entry form.
12. We will establish additional classes or consolidate classes as
13. Beers entered in the competition will become the property of the Los Angeles
International Beer Competition.
14. Any item shipped by mistake will not be returned and becomes the property of the
Los Angeles International Beer Competition.
2020 Entry Form Documents
Beer Competition Information
Beer Competition Entry Form
Beer Competition Style Guidelines